Saturday, July 26, 2008

Don't Cha Wish They Were Still Around?

Here is another song from a mashup artist who used to do his thing back in the day but by the present day, seemed to vanish off the face of the Earth, or at least the mashup world.

It is Sam Flanagan. The only info I have on him is in this random forum post. It's a shame he vanished, given that he obviously had some positive press at the time. This song is Don't Cha Beat It, which combines The Pussycat Dolls and Michael Jackson; you should be able to figure out on your own which two songs were used. To me it's another case of a mashup making a previously intolerable song something that I can digest. Really, I thought that Don't Cha was annoying and stupid (no offense to the writer of the song... Cee-Lo!) Combining it with one of Michael's most famous songs was a very wise move.

By the way, there's also another version of the mashup, where Aggro1 (hopefully he'll return to the mashup world one of these days) took it and modified it. No offense to 1, but I prefer Sam's original mashup just a little bit more. You can view 1's version here in this YouTube video.

Here is my upload of Sam's original mashup.

Sam Flanagan-Don't Cha Beat It (7.54 MB, 192Kbits/second)

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/12/28/1667157/SamFlanagan_dont_cha_beat_it.MP3

I'll be back on August 1st with another mashup.

1 comment:

Vincesapplemac said...

Tis a shame that Mr Flannagen disappeared from the face of the mash up scene, don't know where he's disappeared to, perhaps he's using another name now as it seems others do, anyway thxs for the link to my forum and its post, though, there might be problems accessing it at the moment as I've had to close the forum due to spammers abusing it.